Re: [forge: IO] Is this correct?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [forge: IO] Is this correct?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:31:31 +0100

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Philip Nienhuis
<address@hidden> wrote:
> One of the ways to work around this situation might be if e.g., "pkg -forge"
> could be instructed to select a specific package version (e.g.,
> user-specified; based on Octave version; etc) to match the Octave version at
> hand. (So that for example Octave-3.6.4 would pick io-1.2.5). Or, to (maybe
> automagically) match the version of some other dependency package.  (Hmmm...
> I see dependency hell looming ....)

This is in the document that Carnë compiled long ago. We did a heavy
clean up on pkg and make it more extensible. I am not sure what happen
to all those changes, since I had to break off from the community for
the span of 4 months.

Also, I am not an user of io, I was just checking the installation of
all the packages to search for errors and I found this one, but since
I wasn't able to find it in savannah I asked the mailing list.

@Carnë: what is the current status of the pkg branch?