Help with finding some mentor.

From: Eduardo
Subject: Help with finding some mentor.
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 12:22:52 +0100

I am interested in sparse matrices algorithms and data structures. I checked the ideas page and found some related ideas with sparse matrices for doing a project proposal, but I found that little information is given there about how things should be done. I am looking for a mentor to help me with this topic. I want to make an application for GSOC based on that. I have alreay read the document about how sparse matrices are implemented in Octave and I am looking for guidance on how to study that subject deeper so I can design a time-line for my project . Now I really do not know where to start, I am just trying to play with the source code, compiling it and searching for a bug that I can correct and  writing a patch to fix it. Someone who can kindly mentor me?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo (edu159)