Re: configure.ac and Dolfin.h

From: c.
Subject: Re: configure.ac and Dolfin.h
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:17:51 +0100

On 5 Mar 2014, at 22:47, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:

> My problems are mainly related to the FEniCS project documentation. I wasn’t
> able to
> find a comprehensive list of the dependencies, their installation
> instructions for the build
> from sources are minimal. Moreover I run into troubles also building some of
> the
> dependencies. It seems like they provide little support for anything else
> than Ubuntu
> (http://fenicsproject.org/documentation/tutorial/misc.html#installing-fenics),
>  so
> a first step should be to get in contact with them and ask for guidance.
>
> If anyone was able to build FEniCS from sources on Mac OS X 10.9, his/her
> help is welcome.
What I did was install FEnics via the binary installer then compile Octave from
source linking
to the libraries installed by FEnics in /Applications/FEnics.app

That was on OSX10.8 though, I think the current FEnics binary installer does
not support Mavericks.
This seems like a good opportunity to try interacting with the Dolfin
developers by asking their help.

If everything else fails, while we wait for OSX10.9 to be fully supported by
FEnics, I have a virtual appliance
with Octave + FEnics + fem-fenics preinstalled in ubuntu 13.10

c.