pkg / PKG_ADD / arch-dependent

From: Julien Bect
Subject: pkg / PKG_ADD / arch-dependent
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:45:38 +0100

Hi everyone,

Is there any reason why the PKG_ADD/PKG_DEL scripts located at the root of a package source (.tar.gz) should end up being moved to the arch-dependent subdirectory after installation with "pkg install" ?

Because this is the behaviour that I currently observe while trying to create my first octave package (Octave 3.8.1 / Ubutu 13.04).

The documentation here :

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Creating-Packages.html

doesn't say explicitely where PKG_ADD will be, just that it is "run when the package is added to the users path".

Does it mean that no assumption should be made about its location ?

@++
Julien