Re: regarding GSoc14

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: regarding GSoc14
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:08:22 +0100

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Dimitra Muni <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello sir/madam,

My name is Dimitra Muni currently pursuing MS in Applied Mathematics from NJIT. Actually I am interested in the project of Incomplete sparse factorizations ichol, ilu.

I have worked in MATLAB and C++ previously and I have taken Linear Algebra course.Although I am not familiar with Octave but i am interested in working in that.

so could you let me know more about the project.
Thanks

Sincerely,
Dimitra

Dear Dimitra,

thank you for your interest in GNU/Octave development. My apologies for the late answer. Please try to keep the public mailing list in the recipients (address@hidden), so maybe others can answer your questions too. More Information on the topic of incomplete factorizations you can find in [1] and [2], if you have access to MATLAB. As you are not familiar with Octave so far, you should definitely change this ;-) Either download a binary from your distributor or make a start with Octave development version [3] and you can give my code from last year a try [4]. If you face any problems. Don't hesitate to ask.

Best,
Kai