audio package maintainer

From: Tony Richardson
Subject: audio package maintainer
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 15:30:46 -0500

I noticed on the packages page that the audio package is currently not being maintained.  I would like to become the
maintainer of that package if no one else has already taken that position.  Note that I am new to this, but I do use the
package and do not want to see it no longer maintained.

I have installed the most recent version from the tar ball.  I've modified a couple of the m-files so that they no longer
give warnings when run.  I also modified the code so that it works under Windows (by piping audio data to VLC).

What are the steps I need to take to become the maintainer.

Tony Richardson