Re: Octave-Forge website / Sample code for embedding octave ?

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge website / Sample code for embedding octave ?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:06:25 +0200

Le 15/08/2014 18:18, Carnë Draug a écrit :
On 12 August 2014 07:48, Julien Bect<address@hidden>  wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>The "Documentation" page on OF has a link to a "Sample code for embedding
>octave":
>
>     http://octave.sourceforge.net/octave_embed.tar.gz
>
>This tarball is quite old (2003) and doesn't seem to be up-to-date (see how
>make fails in attached log).
>
>On the other hand, the manual has a page dedicated to this topic:
>
>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html
>
>so I don't know if there's any use for such a tarball anymore.
Thank you. I removed this. I have also removed some more entries from
this page which you can also notice in the project-web repository.

I noticed that you removed a page about translations (translations.html).

What about the "translation packages" (es-0.0.*.tar.gz and pt_br-1.0.9.tar.gz) that are still available from the FRS ? Are they still of any use ?

I'm unsure about "Da Coda al Fine". It has mostly been superseded by
the Octave core manual but it's approach is more of a hands-on lesson
rather than a reference. Maybe it could be adapted to go into the
manual as well.

Maybe. However, until someone finds the motivation to review and adapt it, perhaps would it be better to put it in the "tutorial/examples" section of the wiki ?

http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page#Tutorials.2FExamples

@++
Julien