Re: EigsRealNonSymmetricFunc

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: EigsRealNonSymmetricFunc
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 09:16:27 -0400

Moving this discussion to the maintainers' list...

On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 15:58 +0300, Tommi Höynälänmaa wrote:
> What is the purpose of the postprocessing after call to dneupd in
> function EigsRealNonSymmetricFunc in liboctave/numeric/eigs-base.cc?

I suppose you mean this part of the code?

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/c4ffcc961f3c/liboctave/numeric/eigs-base.cc#l2669

I don't know, it looks pretty obscure. Looks like the code has been
mostly untouched since David Bateman first wrote it. You can verify
this with

    hg annotate --user --number --ignore-all-space
liboctave/numeric/eigs-base.cc

or, shorter,

    hg ann -unw liboctave/numeric/eigs-base.cc

(read `hg help annotate`)

Let's try asking him, then. David, can you comment on what's going on
in this part of the code?

- Jordi G. H.