Re: classdef is pretty good now (inputParser implemented in core). What

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: classdef is pretty good now (inputParser implemented in core). What now? How to document classdef classes?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:07:07 +0100

On 22 August 2014 15:36, Robert T. Short <address@hidden> wrote:
> The question, I think, was how do we self-document classdef classes.  The
> same question applies to legacy classes, btw.  I played around with this for
> a bit with legacy classes. texinfo does have mechanisms for documenting
> classes, but I didn't see a quick way to incorporate these constructs into
> octave.  It seems like some language support will be required.

Our current documentation system works fine for legacy classes. Each
method is in a separate file which is just a function file, so you can
use exactly the same as you always did. The only thing missing would
be properties but those you can document in the constructor. I think
the only legacy class in Octave core is ftp but "help ftp", "help
ftp/delete", and "help @ftp/delete" all work fine.

Carnë