Re: Qscintilla2.dll not found, but is available

From: inertialwave
Subject: Re: Qscintilla2.dll not found, but is available
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 13:06:12 -0700 (PDT)

The .dll files belong in the bin directory along with the Octave
executable or somewhere in the PATH.  They don't need to be in the lib
directory.

The .dll.a or .a files belong in the lib directory.

jwe

Your assertion does not appear true for dll files required by my_app.exe
when running alone it in its own directory (without its dlls) using an
Octave system command, e.g.,   output =system("my_app.exe")  does not
return. My Octave installation is at C:\Octave\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2.

Other programs with similar system commands, e.g. Windows/cmd or
Python/os.system (Matlab/system?) can successfully run my_app.exe sitting
alone its own directory.

Is there a similar possibility for Octave/system ?