Re: winqueryreg.m

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: winqueryreg.m
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:58:56 -0500

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 09:23 -0500, Xiangrui Li wrote:

> Since this is my first contribution to Octave, and I don't see I
> will contribute more in the near future, so I did not study the
> format or style of Octave file.

Drive-by contributions have very low success rate. Since you wrote it,
you are obviously the person in this mailing list who cares the most
about this function. Getting someone else to care about it will be
more difficult if you don't even follow our coding standards. If you
cannot make someone else care, it's unlikely that your function will
get incorporated into Octave.

That's fine. You probably don't care enough about this function to
ensure it goes into Octave. This is ok. You don't have to do work that
you don't want to do. I am just stating an empirical fact that without
deeper involvement on your part, it's unlikely that this function will
go into Octave.

- Jordi G. H.