Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 19:40:56 +0200

On 6/12/2015 6:52 PM, Julien Bect wrote:
Le 12/06/2015 18:27, Marco Atzeri a écrit :
On 6/12/2015 5:33 PM, Oliver Heimlich wrote:

Hello Marco,

Do you mean that you create cygwin packages directly from snapshots of
the repository of each Octave package ?

Hi Julien,
only if the repository have a substantial number of bug fixes compared to the released files.

Last time (3.8.x era ) I did this exercise 40%
of the 51 packages I built requested the usage of repository
source. In some case I wrote and submitted patches.

If you do that, the interval package is not the only package with which
you will have problems. The stk package too. And probably others.

interval is the first with this specific problem.

Creating a release from the source files from the repository is the job
of the package maintainer. There is no standardized way of doing this,
currently (for instance, "make dist"). Some packages require special
steps during the release process. Other are more straightforward. Only
the package maintainer knows for sure.

"pkg build" from source should work.
If not the package has an issue (IMHO)

From what I see stk was packaged on 17-May-2015
and the last source change is 12-April-2015.
So I assume the package is updated; or do you have a different
repository from http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/stk/ci/default/tree/ ?

Why not get the released tarball directly from SourceForge ?

Not all the packages are properly and timely maintained and released.
So between not packaging and building from source I
choose the second route.

@++
Julien

Regards
Marco

PS: when I will arrive to the letter S, I will let you know about
 stk packaging if I have problem
;-)