Re: Updated odeset/odeget

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Updated odeset/odeget
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 11:43:52 +0000

On 16 Oct 2015, at 20:26, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

> For item 2, is this likely to cause a problem with OdePkg interactions
> between core and package?  Or are the core routines standalone since ode45
> and all of it's necessary solver routines are in the ode/private directory?

This change will definitely break all functions in the current version of
odepkg, yet I think it is worth doing.
Jacopo already bumped up the minimum required version of Octave in the odepkg
descripton and will work to keep odepkg compatible with the development branch.
We should make a new release of odepkg as soon as Octave 4.2 is out.

The main question for this new release is what is the list of other methods
that should be moved into core before the new release?

The easiest function to move should be ode23, what else is in the list?

c.