Re: Request for write access on OctaveForge server

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Request for write access on OctaveForge server
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 19:42:52 +0000

On 31 October 2015 at 09:46, Lukas Reichlin
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Octave community,
>
> On Friday morning, I posted control-3.0.0 on the package release tracker,
> just a few hours after parallel-3.0.3 (by Olaf Till). Additionally, I sent
> an e-mail to Carnë, asking him that he should upload it to the OctaveForge
> server as soon as possible.
>
> On Friday afternoon, Carnë published parallel-3.0.3 on the OctaveForge
> server and removed its ticket on the package release tracker, but he failed
> to do so for control-3.0.0 for no apparent reason. He did not respond to
> my enquiry on Friday evening, and control-3.0.0 is still waiting for being
> published on OctaveForge until now.
>
> As I have been working very hard on improving the control package during
> the last few weeks (and as I am on edge), this situation is very
> frustrating to me (and it is not the first time).

It was only 25 hours between you uploaded to the tracker and this email.
Your package is now released.  It took 35 hours.

> Therefore I am asking kindly for write acces on the OctaveForge server
> so I can publish my future package releases (control and quaternion)
> on my own.

No.  There is no way to audit who uploads what, and would also require
giving access to control the web space.  Last time we had more than one
person making releases, there were problems.

Or at least not with the current setup of Octave Forge.  As I mentioned
on OctConf, I would much prefer a different setup.

Carnë