Re: New hash function

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: New hash function
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:56:07 +0000

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for adding the new hash function.

Does it actually depend on any external libraries?  I don't see where
HASH_LIBS could ever be defined by the configure script.  If not, then
please move the function to the corefcn directory and make it a normal
built-in function instead of one that is dynamically loaded.  The dldfcn
directory is for functions that require external libraries that we would
prefer to avoid loading unless they are needed.  but if a function just
depends on functionality provided by libraries that are always loaded,
there is no particular advantage to making it a .oct file so it might as
well be always linked with Octave.

jwe

Okay then I got it slightly wrong with the DLD. The code does only depend on the GNULIB, that is included anyway. I expanded the implementation of D. Bateman very cheaply, as the GNULIB grew a lot according to cryptographic hash functions.

I push a cset in a minute. Thanks for acknowledging.

Kai