Re: GSoC ode15{i,s} - type conversion and approximation problems

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: GSoC ode15{i,s} - type conversion and approximation problems
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:05:11 +0000

On 16 Jun 2016, at 17:25, Francesco Faccio <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sundials uses its own types: realtype and N_Vector. An N_Vector is a vector
> of realtype, while a realtype can be both a float, a double or a long double,
> depending on how Sundials has been built (default type is double).

I think you should make sure at compile time that realtime in sundials is
double and the
use double instead of realtime in the code.

I'm not sure Matlab supports solving DAEs/IDEs using floats for state vector
and jacobian,
can you check?

Even if Matlab does support this I think it would be extremely complicated to
achieve
compatibility of this feature in a C++ interface, so probably we should only
focus on
doubles for this project anyway ...

c.