GSoC '16 - Boolean Operations on Polygons : Merge Code to geometry Packa

From: Amr Mohamed
Subject: GSoC '16 - Boolean Operations on Polygons : Merge Code to geometry Package
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 14:07:59 +0000

Dear all,

I would like to start contacting the Geometry package's maintainer so that we can decide how the code will be merged during the next days.
I implemented some functions as cc files and the package currently has only .m functions.
So, I will try to structure the src directory as in the image package (https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/image/ci/default/tree/src/).

The functions make use of the Boost library (>=1.60) so my Mentor told me that we will need to make a dependency for this version of Boost instead of adding the boost-geometry library as a part of the package.
However, If i were the user, i won't know how should i download the required version of Boost library and make octave's function use it.

Regards,
Amr Mohamed