Re: GSoc 2016: Final Reviews required

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: GSoc 2016: Final Reviews required
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2 wrote
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 11:35 AM, PhilipNienhuis <

> pr.nienhuis@

> > wrote:
>> JuanPi, how would  you like development to proceed further?
>> Amr has finished his work but polishing the code for error checks etc. is
>> still required. Such (input) error checks do not look very difficult and
>> can
>> be copied from other code in octave.
>> The error catching (= avoiding crashes) is probably more challenging.
>
> Hi,
>
> I will keep apologizing for my lack of reaction.
> I think the best is to merge with geometry asap (there is also APi
> issues to solve) and continue fixing from there on.
>
> I could make a bitbucket repo to ease the merging, or somebody with
> push rights to SF could do it, if the time is pressing and you can't
> wait for a window in my schedule.

Amr already "merged", his repo contains a complete geometry-3.0.0 AFAICS

Is there really so much hurry? Any insights on when you will have time for
some review?

I can do some basic stuff like pushing to the OF repo. But my time is
limited as well, so it will be by little parts at a time in the next weeks.
There's also the divide between mapping and geometry and some duplicate
functionality; I can sort that out for you as well then.

Philip