Re: Moving ode changes to default branch

From: c.
Subject: Re: Moving ode changes to default branch
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:16:56 +0200

On 11 Oct 2016, at 17:55, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

> Similarly, ode23.m has a typo in the docstring:
> <@qcode{"AbsTol"},.>.  The comma before the period is not grammatically
> correct.

This the change in ode23:

-## computation may be changed by using the option @qcode{"Tau"}, that has a
-## default value of @math{1e-6}.
+## computation may be changed by using the options @qcode{"RelTol"},
+## and @qcode{"AbsTol"},.

Indeed an incorrect comma in the documentation is a nuisance and should be
fixed.

On the other hand the previous text was wrong and misleading: there is no
option called
Tau and setting such option has no effect.

So, if you revert this change the help text will be wrong and misleading, if
you don't
it will include an inconsistent comma, which one would you prefer to see
released?

> With more testing time I'm sure this would be caught.

Are you sure?

According to 'hg blame' the previous version had been in the repository at
least since
revision afe9c529760d of december 2015 and had gone unnoticed ...

c.