Re: Website update

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Website update
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 13:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 10:20:59 -0700, Pantxo wrote:
>> Another minor remark: the plots on the front page all use the Courier
>> font
>> which looks ... old. Maybe using a modern sans serif font would make them
>> look more up to date.
>
> Yes, the color schemes are also out of date now. All plots should be
> redone using 4.2 and a consistent sans serif font.
>
> --
> mike

Using svg format for the web page would also be a good point:
* it is scalable
* it is the only format that has the grid line transparency right

I tried to reproduce the current website images using qt (it was gunplot
right?). I attached the svg images produced using the current dev version of
gl2ps [1] ( simpleplot.svg
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4680475/simpleplot.svg>  ,
sombrero.svg
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4680475/sombrero.svg>  ).

[1] previous versions use the "baseline-shift" attribute for text vertical
alignment, which is not supported by firefox and librsvg at least.