Re: Implications of indexing changes for code that calls Fortran

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Implications of indexing changes for code that calls Fortran
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 06:08:20 -0800 (PST)

Olaf Till-2 wrote
> On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 07:44:05PM -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
>> I'm attaching my changes.  Could someone help me get these applied in the
>> upstream Octave Forge packages?  The affected packages are:
>>
>>   control
>>   linear-algebra
>>   nlwing2
>>   odepkg
>>   optim
>>   optiminterp
>>   tisean
>
> Thank you for caring also for the packages. Since I think Carnë
> currently can't do it, and since you would have done it yourself if
> you had a login, I've been bold enough to apply and push your
> changesets to:
>
>    linear-algebra
>    nlwing2
>    odepkg
>    optim
>    tisean

After these fixes the control and tisean packages don't build anymore with
Octave-4.3.0+ (tip from Jan. 7). I've entered bug reports for that (bugs
#50000 and 50001, resp.)
(I hit it first when cross-building for Windows)

The linear-algebra (w/o gsvd module), optim & odepkg install fine with the
fixes.
For some reason nlwing2 couldn't be packaged (on Linux) and I couldn't
download optiminterp; I'll look into those later.

I suppose the fixes actually needed to be wrapped in #ifdefs to keep the
packages compatible with Octave-4.2.x and lower.
I'll give a try for the linear-algebra package (in spite of my lacking c++
skills, but I have to learn some day isn't it), mostly because it has no
specific maintainer and I made the last release (2.2.2).
I hope the other packages are adapted by their maintainers.

Philip