Re: help --list incorrect on stable

From: Rik
Subject: Re: help --list incorrect on stable
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:23:06 -0800

On 01/17/2017 12:20 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> It looks like there are two sources of keyword lists.  One is from the
> list of keywords used by gperf (minus "get" and "set") and the other
> appears in help.cc as a list of strings.  I think the correct list is the
> one from gperf since that list has to be modified to introduce a new
> keyword into the language and the list in help.cc should be eliminated.
>
> Since the "master" list of keywords appears in C++ (from gperf) I would
> rather not duplicate it in a .m file.
>
> It also seems to me that it would be useful to have a C++ function that
> creates a std::list<std::string> object containing keywords, and that
> should be used wherever else it is useful.  I agree with Mike that it is
> weird that iskeyword returns the list.  Having __keywords__ around as an
> alias doesn't bother me.
>
> jwe

I fixed the original problem on stable by replacing the call to
__keywords__ with a call to iskeyword in help.m
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/6895e500fb87).  The function
iskeyword gets its list of names directly from the parser.

On the development branch, I deleted the old __keywords__ function and made
the name an alias to iskeyword
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/7c7a61c2e0ed).

--Rik