Re: odepkg on octave4 from PPA on Ubuntu14.04

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: odepkg on octave4 from PPA on Ubuntu14.04
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:02:50 -0700

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 16:43:46 +0200, Jan Groenewald wrote:
> Stupid mistake, I installed but did not load the package in octave4. I now
> did install with -auto.

FYI, the -auto option has been removed in Octave 4.2. If you want to
load some list of packages at startup, it should be done in ~/.octaverc.

> Is there any plan to update octave-odepkg in the PPA?

The plan is to only add packages that people request and find useful,
and that can be backported with no effort. You're the first one to
request adding odepkg to the PPA. I'll add it to my list.

--
mike