Re: Building pytave on windows

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building pytave on windows
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 08:49:56 +0530

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 14:42:07 +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> -- 8 Tests in sympref which fail without pytave too. Probably something
> related to Windows.

Must be. Can you verify that sympref is still set to native after these
tests ran? Either by looking at the output or checking sympref after the
test suite completes. I tried to make sure that sympref would restore
the ipc that the user requested after its own tests mess with it,
regardless of pass or fail, but it's possible it gets reset to the
default somehow.

It does get reset to system from whatever was set earlier. But, that's why I did test the other files (that come after sympref alphabetically) one by one using 'test' and they passed all the tests using pytave.

Ok, let's try this. Please edit the makefile and change "--no-gui-libs"
> to just "--no-gui". Leave the rest of the options as they are. The
> OCTAVE variable should be "octave". Does make check work with that small
> change? I think on Windows it should be calling octave.bat, which
> interprets the "--no-gui" option, but not "--no-gui-libs".

Well, on changing --no-gui-libs to --no-gui, make check finishes the tests and it shows 289 passed and some XFailed but then after that I also see the message that octave crashed!!
I donno how make is calling octave but when I am in bin directory of octave, there are only .exe files and calling 'octave --no-gui' works perfectly well there.
Probably closing of window is shown as crash by windows. Because I tried to call octave.bat in octave directory (not bin) using
        octave --no-gui --eval "addpath 'D:/repos/pytave'; runtests 'D:/repos/pytave' "
and everything works fine.
And yes, I saw octave.bat it only recognises 1 option, i.e., --no-gui.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 14:42:07 +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> > -- 8 Tests in sympref which fail without pytave too. Probably something
> > related to Windows.

> I don't see an open issue for this, is there one? Can you submit one?
> Include the output of `test sympref verbose`.

Yes, sorry I couldnt get time to open that yesterday. I have done it now.
.
Regards,
Abhinav