Re: FSF spring internship applicant looking for a GNU project

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: FSF spring internship applicant looking for a GNU project
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:51:00 +0000

On 29 January 2018 at 19:22, Andrew Engelbrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello GNU Octave,
>
> The FSF tech team would like to offer Darshan Kadu, an FSF internship
> applicant, an internship this spring. He has experience with the C
> programming language and wrote patches for Blender via GSoC in 2017. He
> is applying for multiple GNU projects and would like to contribute to
> GNU Octave in the February to April session. I've attached his resume to
> this email.
>
> Darshan is available to work about 30-40 hours per week, mostly on
> weekends, as he is currently a student.
>
> Is GNU Octave project interested in mentoring Darshan this spring? If
> so, please email us via this list or <address@hidden> some time in the
> next week. I'm also CC'ing Darshan in this email.
>
> Thank you, :)
> Andrew

Hi Andrew and Darshan

Octave is applying to GSoC as an independent organization too.  So
yes, there are mentors available but at this moment there are also a
lot of applicants.

There are a few pages on the Octave wiki about GSoC too, namely Summer
of Code Projects Ideas [1] which includes steps on how to apply.  We
don't really have mentors full-time, but the community is very active
and if you make questions on IRC or the mailing lists, you're likely
to get a reply.

Carnë

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas