Re: building on macOS?

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: building on macOS?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:53:02 +0000

> On 20 Dec 2018, at 13:35, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 20 Dec 2018, at 13:25, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Carlo, the mkoctfile.cc is attached.
>> Ben
>

> Ben,
>
> Yes, it seems the issue exists for you too:
>

> line 304: vars["OCT_LINK_DEPS"] = get_variable ("OCT_LINK_DEPS",
>                                                "libinterp/liboctinterp.la
> liboctave/liboctave.la ");
>
> By comparison in Octave 4.4.1 I have
>
> line 248 :   vars["OCT_LINK_DEPS"] = get_variable ("OCT_LINK_DEPS",
>                                        " ");
>
> Thanks,
> c.

You should also see the same if you move to src in the build directory and type:

./mkoctfile -p OCT_LINK_DEPS

Now that I think about it, you can probably test without installing if you do
the following from within your build direcoty:

cd src
echo -e "#include <octave/oct.h>\n DEFUN_DLD(pippo, args, nargout, \"\") {
return octave_value_list(); }" > pippo.cc
./mkoctfile -v pippo.cc

c.