Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: Anadi Kashyap
Subject: Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 08:58:44 +0530

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 8:45 AM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 26, 2018, at 11:07, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

Proceeded to build with the script you provided for make and got this in the end:

error: __gnuplot_get_var__: Can not make FIFO (Function not implemented)
make[2]: *** [doc/interpreter/voronoi.eps] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

That’s a bug related to macOS and GNUPLOT. If Qt configured ok the build should use the Qt for graphics.

Please run by “./run-octave —gui” and let us know what happens? ... gui or error?

Ben

Error...
octave: GUI features missing or disabled in this build

When the build started I noticed a similar warning as we got during configure earlier:

WARNING: Your installation of Qt version 5 appears incomplete or broken in some way.  Fix that or use --with-qt=VER to use another version.

It went out of the screen pretty quick though. So this is all I can surely recall.