Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: Anadi Kashyap
Subject: Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:09:48 +0530

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:53 PM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 26, 2018, at 6:05 PM, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

Okay so I checked the Building for Macintosh platform wiki page again and noticed I hadn't pasted this...

   export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
   export CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
   export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
   export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

...in my .zshrc file. (I use zsh.)

I cloned the repository in a new folder and ran the scripts you provided(which I slightly modified) for configure and make and went out for a while. It built without any errors this time!

I ran it with --gui and it  ran. Once I pressed the red exit button, it just froze on the screen and I had to close the terminal window. IIRC that's a known bug, I'm gonna have to apply the patches I think.

Very good! All you need to do is add a clumsy patch and a patch work around unstable output of graphics. You can find the patched attached to the bug reports below.

They may be applied from the root directory of your local sources by …

patch -p1 < ../octave-qt_wait_on_worker_thread-djs2018Oct19.patch
patch -p1 < ../open_kEClIYyW.patch

Ben

So I had to specify the file to patch:

File to patch: ../libgui/src/main-window.cc
patching file ../libgui/src/main-window.cc

And then:

patch -p1 < ../open_kEClIYyW.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/doc/interpreter/images.awk b/doc/interpreter/images.awk
|--- a/doc/interpreter/images.awk
|+++ b/doc/interpreter/images.awk
File to patch: ../doc/interpreter/images.awk
patching file ../doc/interpreter/images.awk

Also, I have to make sure I'm doing it right, I changed open_kEClIYyW.txt to open_kEClIYyW.patch.
And notice no Hunk succeeded message at the end for images.awk.
Is that normal?

Thanks for helping me out!