Re: debugging graphics

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: debugging graphics
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 14:39:21 +0100

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018 um 08:23 Uhr
Von: "Marco Atzeri" <address@hidden>
An: "Octave Maintainers List" <address@hidden>
Betreff: debugging graphics

On Cygwin and octave 4.4.x both the fltk and qt graphic interface
are useless as there is a mismatch between the data and the plot
windows. The upper portion and the right portion of the data are
missing in the plot. See attached for clarification
In addition both interface seem unresponsive after the plot

Moreover for both, the print operation freezes octave
after a GL2PS warning.

print -djpg figure-fltk.jpg
GL2PS warning: Unknown token in buffer

Question: how I can debug this ?

I would like to clean this problem before 5.0 release

It is of course possible that the problem
is in the X system or relevan libraries or in my new laptop graphic.

There have been some changes related to HiDPI monitors for Octave 5.
Are you able to compile the current stable branch and check whether the problem
still persists?

Markus

Hi Markus,

currently I can build not due to follow up of
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53627

Anyway I found the issue is related to the Intel graphics drivers

It does not happen on other cygwin system and does not
show when I don't use the X wgl acceleration.

Regards
Marco

---