Re: Request for running compare_plot_demos

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Request for running compare_plot_demos
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:50:53 +0100

Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2019 um 13:10 Uhr "Kai Torben Ohlhus" wrote:
> Anyways, the results look very convincing!  Can we put this on the website
> after the release maybe? ;-)

Thanks for running these tests.
You're right: I also think that these are the best results we had so far.

Just a few observations without looking at any of the demo code:
- Something seems to be off with the camzoom demo and the qt toolkit.
- The syntax for our copyobj doesn't seem to be Matlab compatible.
- Either ours or Matlab's plotboxaspectratio seems to be off. E.g. for demo
ellipsoid.
- We might be doing something wrong with the z axis scale for zoom...
- And finally: To be honest, I prefer Matlab's default color scale with the
additional orange. IMHO, it makes it easier to correlate the colors to a value.

But all in all, the results are really impressive!

Markus