Re: Support Octave by new .m files

From: Hamed Shakouri
Subject: Re: Support Octave by new .m files
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 13:01:36 -0700

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 12:47 PM John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/4/19 2:33 PM, Hamed Shakouri wrote:

> Many Matlab scripts in the control toolbox (which I am involved) do use
> abcdchk.m
> See e.g. c2d.m, estim.m, lqe.m, ... in ver. 2013a.

>> I don't see the issue this much complicated!

What do you mean by "which I am involved"?  Are you a developer of that
Matlab toolbox?

>> I meant I have been looking at MatLab scripts and functions for many years and getting ideas to develop my software.

If you have access to a copy of the Matlab control toolbox and you have
examined it in enough detail to know that these functions call an
undocumented function, then I'm not sure we could accept contributions
from you that are re-implementations of these same functions.  For
example, if you were writing independent implementations of them, then
how would you even know that there was an internal undocumented function
called abcdchk?

>> It's easy to find. If you look to the functions/scripts you see that these undocumented functions such as abcdchk are used.
These are usually simple functions that there is no need for research or hard work to develop. e,g, abcdchk just checks for the proper sizes of the state space matrixes.

We could accept other contributions from you, but we need to know that
the code you contribute is your own, not derived from Matlab or other
proprietary sources, and that you have the right to distribute your work
under the terms of the GPL.

Also, please reply all when replying to messages on the mailing list so
that the discussion stays on the list and others may participate.

Thanks,

jwe

>> Can I ask to reveal how LSIM discretizes a continuous system for simulation?
It calls a linear simulation function by:
cellfun (@__linear_simulation__, ... (line 145) which I cannot see its logic and method.

Thank you.

With Regards,

Hamed Shakouri G.