RE: Fwd: Octave JIT consultancy

From: GoSim
Subject: RE: Fwd: Octave JIT consultancy
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:24:08 -0500 (CDT)

Daryl Maier wrote
> during their lifetimes?
>
> This would depend on the representation of the program as it is presented
> to the compiler.  Presumably, by the time it reaches the JIT, from the
> JIT's perspective it is dealing with different variables with different
> types.

Your program seems really nice. I would do a static compiler, i'm all about
keeping things simple.

Does this mean that octave has to present every variable as separate and
with different types to the compiler?

Octave uses gnu bison as parser: https://www.gnu.org/software/bison/
What do you think of making your software compatible with it?

kind regards

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html