Re: pkg.m status and question

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: pkg.m status and question
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 23:34:06 +0100

>     a.Name = "first";
>     a.Description = "A package";
>     a.Url = "https://www.example.org/";;
>     b.Name = "second";
>     b.Description = "Another package";
>     b.SystemRequirements = "fftw3";
>     all = [a, b];
>
> doesn't work. But the current cell array implementation does.

Int he direction of making pkg handling better, we should have a
uniform structure for the DESC file with all possible fields, any DESC
file that does not fill one leaves the default value of NA.
A few advantages:
1. the structs of each package is uniform
2. any functions parsing this struct knows what fileds to expect and
how to handle them
3. the struct itself is a description of the DESC file (automatic pkg
generation or future pkgcreator)
4. the DESC file can be documented on the code that generates this
struct, that is, an extension to the manual entry.