Re: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository (Marco Atzeri)

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository (Marco Atzeri)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 14:03:30 -0500

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 07:26:21 +0100
From: Marco Atzeri <address@hidden>
To: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
Subject: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository

Hi Carlo and forge maintainers,

what's happened to the code repository for

secs1d-0.1.0
secs2d-0.0.9
secs3d-0.0.1

they are not in mercurial and neither in the git one.

In addition the only external Homepage link is clearly broken

secs2d -> http://www.comson.org/dem

Carlo, do you have the code somewhere else ?

In addition the page at
https://octave.sourceforge.io/developers.php

reports

"Code

The source code for each Octave Forge package is on its own individual
mercurial or git repository. To clone all package repositories locally,
we provide a meta-repository  octave-forge. "

but the link in not valid;  I guess as there two different
mercurial and git repositories

Regards
MArco

The packages are unmaintained and in 2016? were were merged into one repo in mercurial [1]

There is at least one bug fix patch out there for secs2d to make it installable in octave 4.0 [2]

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/

[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44803