Re: astyle configuration

From: Gene Harvey
Subject: Re: astyle configuration
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 15:37:27 -0600

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:44 AM Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> I will work a bit more on this.  I use a separate file called astylerc
> which throws many more configuration switches
>
> --style=gnu
> --indent=spaces=2
> --max-code-length=80
> --min-conditional-indent=0
> --indent-namespaces
> --indent-labels
> --indent-cases
> --pad-header
> --keep-one-line-blocks
> --keep-one-line-statements
>
> --Rik

Would it be a good idea to use clang-format instead? It has a more
configuration
options and it's more robust for handling edge cases (it uses clang's lexer).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to emulate Octave's style perfectly
with it. The main issue
for me is that it doesn't allow for separate syntax with regards to *
and & placement other
than by using an option which infers the style based on the current
placement of those tokens.
However, other than that I've come decently close to emulating the style.

Gene