Re: Changes needed to build stable with latest Texinfo

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Changes needed to build stable with latest Texinfo
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:18:24 +0900

On 1/16/20 12:51 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently built the stable branch (5.1.90) with the current version of
> Texinfo (6.7), and had to apply a few patches from the default branch to
> get a successful build. In case it's useful to anyone else, a combined
> patch is attached, with some comments referencing the original changes
> pulled from Octave's default branch.
>
> The necessary changes are found by searching for commit messages on the
> default branch that mention "Texinfo 6".
>
> Cheers,
> > --
> mike

Mike, thank you for the combined patch.  Shall I apply this one to
stable or shall I graft the individual csets to make it more obvious
that they are already applied to default?  Going through your patch, I
identified those csets:

https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/6acb713f8231 (2019-03-19, jwe)
https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/466e61c5fb4b (2019-10-16, Mike)
https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/1dbe839bedcb (2019-10-18, Mike)