Re: Commercial license

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Commercial license
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:36:35 +0900

On 1/16/20 1:39 PM, Ramazan GUNEY wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I am working at a commercial company . Can i use your Octave software ?
> Do i need any license for using Octave software ?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Ramazan

Hello Ramazan,

Octave is free software under the GNU General Public License 3 [1].
This license allows you/your company to run, copy, distribute, study,
change and improve the software [2] however you want and for whatsoever
purpose.  This is true for private and professional/commercial use.

If you want to bundle Octave with your company's closed source software,
 there are restrictions you should ask separately about or consult our
wiki [3].

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html