Re: Validator functions implementation

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Validator functions implementation
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 15:40:11 +0900

On 1/17/20 1:23 PM, Andrew Janke wrote:
> Hi Octave folks,
>
> Are you interested in having an Octave implementation of the Matlab
> "validator" functions - mustBeNumeric(), mustBeNonempty(), and friends?
> I have a Matlab-based implementation of them that wouldn't be hard to
> port over, maybe in time for Octave 6.
>
> https://github.com/apjanke/matlab-validoozy
>
> Let me know if you're interested, and if so, whether you're interested
> in my extensions (the "label" argument and the additional validators) or
> just base Matlab-compatible implementations.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Nice to read about another nice "*oozy"-project =)  At least the Matlab
compatible set of functions was interesting.  With non-compatible
extensions Octave had some bad experience in the past and should only be
added with some more care taking beforehand.  I noticed that those
functions are part of a "new" (2017a) classdef syntax [1] but can also
called individually.

If you have lots of spare time, please provide a patch with those
functions using Octave m-style [2] in our tracker.

Best,
Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Classdef#Property_Validation_Functions
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_style_guide