Re: Removed unnecessary "Author:" lines from code base

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Removed unnecessary "Author:" lines from code base
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 15:08:49 -0600

On 1/21/20 2:57 PM, Rik wrote:

I removed the simple one-line "Author: XXX" entries from the entire code
base (https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a4268efb7334).  I did
that programmatically with Perl.

Thanks for doing that.

I will now take a closer look at the remaining cases of "Author:",
"Created:", "Modified-by", "Adapted-by" which might need some hand-tuning.

OK. I just noticed that I must have missed a few Adapted-by: jwe lines and that there are a few special cases where there are statements like

// Arrayfun was originally a .m file written by Bill Denney and Jaroslav
// Hajek.  It was converted to C++ by jwe so that it could properly
// handle the nargout = 0 case.

and

// The following routines jcobi, dif, and dfopr are based on the code
// found in Villadsen, J. and M. L. Michelsen, Solution of Differential
// Equation Models by Polynomial Approximation, Prentice-Hall (1978)
// pages 418-420.
//
// Translated to C++ by jwe.

The simple Adapted-by lines can go, but I think it would be good to keep the kinds of comments shown above.