Odd messages during bootstrap

From: Rik
Subject: Odd messages during bootstrap
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 08:18:29 -0800

I know there is a lot of change to the implementation of gnulib in Octave
just now, but I thought I'd report a scary error message during the
bootstrap phase.

I'm getting

generating libinterp/dldfcn/module.mk...
fatal: not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
running: AUTOPOINT=true LIBTOOLIZE=true autoreconf --verbose --install
--force -I m4  --no-recursive

The "fatal" message sounds bad, although bootstrap completes and I am able
to configure and make Octave.

This is with

changeset:   28016:626ba7cc1d6c
bookmark:    @
tag:         tip
user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
date:        Mon Jan 27 10:17:06 2020 -0500
summary:     update bootstrap script with changes from gnulib version

with an external gnulib repository pulled today (1/27/2020).

--Rik