Re: uploading and tagging version 5.2.0?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: uploading and tagging version 5.2.0?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 17:58:09 -0800

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 08:25:31 +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> Alright I see and agree with you.  Changing the version one week before
> is too early.  I simply wanted to assure that on Jan 31st my build
> system runs smoothly and I do not delay things by forgetting important
> version updates =)
>
> But for this release, is it okay, if we regard those few last days
> changes as well?

Yeah, what's done is done, please continue with the release, and thanks
for working on it!

The next most important step is that whatever revision you tag as
"release-5-2-0" is the one that you build with "make dist" and upload
the results. So if you do "hg tag" before building the release, please
make sure to do "hg update release-5-2-0" to rewind your working tree
one commit. It's important that HG-ID stashed in octave-5.2.0.tar.xz is
exactly the revision a user will get later with "hg update
release-5-2-0".

Cheers,

--
mike