Re: cloned source, help just displaying copyright text?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: cloned source, help just displaying copyright text?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 14:43:41 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 2:35 PM Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 14:22:39 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Are you trying to use an older version of Octave to get help from the
> current source .m files?  That's not expected to work.

Yeah, confirmed, and that's probably going to confuse some people, just
something to keep in mind. For example, we often tell users that they
can drop a function file into their load path in an older version of
Octave for simple bug fixes.

confirmed I was still using 5.1.0 (and same with 5.2.0) on Windows.