Re: GSoC 2020 - JSON encoding/decoding

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020 - JSON encoding/decoding
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 00:25:25 +0900

On 2/18/20 12:19 PM, ahmed El-Shreif wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> my name is Ahmed. I am a Computer Engineering student from Egypt. I am
> really interested in contributing this year in GSoC program with octave.
> I was a GSoC student last year with LibreOffice. I want this year to
> work in JSON encoding/decoding project. I found it interesting for me.
>
> I started with building the code from source. I need now recommendation
> forĀ  where to start or some easy bugs to solve to get comfortable more
> with the repository.
>
> Thanks,
> Shiko

Welcome Shiko,

Did you already succeed with building the Octave sources?  There is a
list of easy bugs in the Octave wiki [1] to start with.  You can also
look out at Octave's bug tracker for bugs that are interesting for you.

Otherwise play around with Octave, change what you do not like and ask
for help if you get stuck somewhere.

Best,
Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects