lsqminnorm vs lsqnonneg

From: Christian Himpe
Subject: lsqminnorm vs lsqnonneg
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 20:41:08 +0100 (CET)

Dear Developers,

Octave provides already the "lsqnonneg" optimzation function, yet misses
"lsqminnorm". I assume ``just'' solving the least-squares problem would be
easier than a constraint least-squares. So I wonder why the more complicated
function is implemented, and the potentially easier one is not. Is there a
reason for that, for example algorithmic issues? Or is this maybe a low-hanging
(m-file) fruit?

Best

Christian

--
Dr. rer. nat. Christian Himpe
Computational Methods in Systems and Control Theory