[GSoC 2021] Octave wiki: please update your project if you like to becom

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: [GSoC 2021] Octave wiki: please update your project if you like to become mentor this year
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 18:02:12 +0900

On 1/21/21 12:05 AM, Nir Krakauer wrote:
Yes, now would be a good time to look at the Octave Wiki and see if
any projects where you're listed as a mentor need updating, or if
there are new projects you'd like to see happen.

In addition to Nir, if you receive this mail in CC and you are not going to become mentor this year, can you please update the wiki shortly? Thank you 🙂

Nir, would you like to lead the GSoC application this year again? And good catch, I went ahead with a big brush and removed many spider webs from the wiki [1].

Some projects which seemed to me too complex for the shortened GSoC time or outdated got brushed out, too. If I was too harsh, please add, update, and extend them again.

The biggest change is that I deprecated those "wiki student application templates". The GSoC registration has changed since those days when the template was useful.

Last year I felt that I had to study too many locations about a candidate (GSoC website, GSoC proposal PDF, wiki user page with template, mailing-list communication, bug and patch tracker, ...) whereas the wiki user page proved as least updated/informative compared to the GSoC proposal PDF.

Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started