oleo-discuss

approximation

From: Gordon Sims
Subject: approximation
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 02:59:29 +0300

Obviously they didn't deserve it.
Because I'm not above the law, that's why.
Make sure it rattles around a bunch.
I suppose I would say that there probably is some chance of that, yeah.
In that respect, journalists are under exactly the same law as everyone else. If he's that bad, why not hire someone else permanently? That the Marines involved were executing a doctrinally-mandated battle drill when the civilians were killed.
Two said he should be suspended without pay for two years; the two others recommended a five- year suspension without pay. A lot of bloggers on both sides are a pretty good example.
Indeed, that very drill was executed countless times in Fallujah. That, the American commanders hope, will make the city safe enough for its shattered economy to renew itself and for Iraqi police officers to feel secure enough to start showing up for work. Fallujah having been wrested from them, the moojies cannot sustain their efforts in Baghdad without being able to use Ramadi as a conduit and base.
The President says it damaged the war effort.
was using SWIFT to look at international banking transactions. The only way it is too early to talk about prosecuting them is if you do believe that they are, in fact, above the law that governs the rest of us. Either the SWIFT program itself broke laws or it didn't. In fact, his entire argument rests on the premise that despite the unanimous testimony of people who do, in fact, know, that were' not in a position to know.
Not only has Keller revealed his arrogance, but also showed the lack of integrity that led to his decision to publish this story.
You have no basis whatsoever on which to make that decision.
The rules of engagement allow for a close quarters fight like that. The people who were in a position to know were dismayed when the program was ruined through exposure. Not only has Keller revealed his arrogance, but also showed the lack of integrity that led to his decision to publish this story. And they say different. This time, they have ringed Ramadi with thousands of American and Iraqi troops, and have begun to reclaim the city, not in one sudden attack, but neighborhood by neighborhood. A lot of bloggers on both sides are a pretty good example. The only thing I think it's safe to assume is that Jay Rosen is engaging in irresponsible speculation.
But I cannot establish beyond reasonable doubt that the Marines were guilty of a war crime - at least initially, during the room clearing - if the Newsmax story holds up.
But you don't know crap, Jay. Institutional trades are routinely monitored, even domestically, and without a warrant.
I was apparently smoking crack or something. The Secretary of the Treasury says it damaged the war effort.
You have no idea what we were tracking. That would be unusual in any fight.