openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] CRW -> EXR

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] CRW -> EXR
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:45:50 -0700

At 1:32 PM -0700 5/11/05, Robert Moggach wrote:
I'm trying to avoid 16 bit tiffs because of file size....

Huh?  16 bit integer should compress better than 16 bit floating point data.
Just use Flate/ZIP compression for the TIFF files.
(and if you want TIFF files - you CAN batch them straight out of ACR)

FYI: Capture One Pro gives me 16 bit tiffs with better results than Breeze Browser...

I'm looking into scripting in CS2 at the moment but it's been awhile...

Actions and the Batch command are pretty simple.

Chris