openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] compiling IlmImfExamples files

From: Klaus Steden
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] compiling IlmImfExamples files
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Patrick wrote:

Hello all,

newbie question...

how would I compile the code in the IlmImfExamples folder?

I know that I can have 'configure' to do this automatically but I'd like to edit some of the .cpp files so it would be useful to know how to compile it. I have tried but keep getting 'undefined reference to "some name"' errors...

The 'configure' process is generally only responsible for checking the sanity of the build environment (necessary programs like compiler, lexical analyzer, install tools, etc.) and constructing Makefiles with this locally-determined information.

If you make changes to any of the .cpp files that come with the distro, it shouldn't affect the configure/make process - provided you don't introduce a dependency it's not expecting, or add more source files.

hth,
Klaus