openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Convert very highres image to tiled EXR?

From: Michael Wolf
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Convert very highres image to tiled EXR?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:18:04 +0200

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:08:59 +0200, Martin Breidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Martin,

> I am trying to convert a 40k * 40k image into a tiled EXR, but cannot
> find any tool that will do so.
>
> The original image is in .ecw format but I can convert that to TIFF
> (2.6GB) or JPG (700MB).
>
> Any suggestions how I could convert hat file?

If you have LightWave 3D, download infiniMap LE (see my sig for the link),
which does just that... amongst other things ;)

However, many OpenEXR supporting apps are not likely to be able to read OpenEXR
images that are larger than 2GB, due to limitations of the STL library shipped
with the MS compiler (which, by default, handles the i/o)...

> Thanks very much!
> Martin

Cheers,
Mike