openvds-support

[Openvds-support] setting up a new virtual server

From: River Hume
Subject: [Openvds-support] setting up a new virtual server
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 22:25:23 -0800

Hello,

I am having problems with a new installation of 1.4.10 on redhat 6.2.

I used vs_create withour error, and run vsd-vsbatch and vsboot --start, and have added my new server's ip to /etc/hosts, but when i try to bevs I get the error:
-- cannot find virtual server `new_vs'

and the new server's ip doesn't even respond to pings, much less any other service request... anyone else had this problem and/or have any suggestions?

On another note, vsd-uninstall.pl needs to be better implemented (at least as of v1.4.9). I had previously installed 1.4.9, and tried to run vsd-uninstall.pl before installing 1.4.10, but the first thing the script did was to shut down inetd services! The last thing it piped through to me before being cut off was something to the effect of "Do you wand to undo changes to vsd.conf? [y]" ... at any rate, it seems to me this thing needs to effect changes to conf files, and THEN do a kill -HUP, not kill all services, then go about prompting... I had to call the colo center on the other side of the country to have him reb00t my box :(

Peas,
-River